ONLINE RULES – play remotely with friends!
In order to play the boardgame in this online mode, you must have the basic game box.
Choose an online platform (e.g. Skype) to be able to communicate with your opponent and see the game.
In this mode, it is recommended to use the rules of Advanced Game Mode.
Make sure that the camera of your device displays your game board which will be updated by you from time to time. Remember that each action / card played must be declared to the opponent and shown through the camera if it is a card.
Also remember to move both your tokens and those of the opponent whenever they are moved.
The preparation of the game board is the same as in the traditional game.
GET YOUR PERSONAL DECK
1) Each player takes his complete deck, consisting of 54 cards.
2) From the deck, each player chooses freely a minimum of 24 cards to use for the game, remembering that only 1 Joker can be inserted !!
TIME COUNTDOWN DECK
In this game mode, each player will have his own 8-card on the time-countdown deck (instead of standard 12 cards); the time of the game will expire when either of the two decks has run out of cards.
PREPARE THE GAME
The game of “Ready… Fence!” Online is set up exactly like a traditional game in Advanced Game Mode, taking into account the difference on decks we have just described.
Once the personal deck (minimum of 24 cards) has been composed, each player shuffles the cards, takes 6 of them to form his initial hand, forms the personal 8-card for time-countdown deck, and places them in the dedicated space on the game board.
The remaining 10 cards will be placed aside and will not be used in the current round.
SPECIFIC RULES IN THE ONLINE MODE
MOVING Action – Each player, for convenience, plays on the board with both fencing miniatures, moves both his own and the opponent’s as he moves; by doing that it replicates “live” for what happens “at a distance”.
CHANGING WEAPON POSITION Action – As just described for the miniatures, the weapon position circles will also both be placed on the board and each player will move their respective tokens for playing convenience.
STALLING Action – Each player who uses this action discards 1 card from both player time-countdown decks.
DISCARD \ DRAW Action – When a player draws 1 card, he does so from his time-countdown deck.
MULTIPLE ROUNDS MATCH
If the players decide to play a result of 10 or 15 points match, that is to play more rounds, therefore Master’s Rule is introduced.
In fencing, during a match, the Master accompanies his athlete at the end of the platform. During the interval between the rounds, the Master has 1 minute to speak with his student and advise him of new fighting strategies. “Pronti A Voi!” Online introduces this new rule to recreate this situation.
Master’s Rule: At the end of each round, the player can, before reforming his time-countdown deck, remove from the game up to 3 cards of his deck of cards (excluding those he currently has in his hand).
This is to eliminate the possibility of drawing some cards that were useless against the deck formed by your opponent during the game.
Once this is done, the player will shuffle ALL the cards he had previously including the 10 kept aside beforehand and will reform a new 8-card time-countdown deck. The rest will be set aside and will not be used for this round.
For example, Mario, during the first round of the game against Lorenzo, noticed that his “Stop-Hit” cards are often neutralized by Lorenzo’s “Counter-Time” card. Remembering that he has inserted 3 Stop-Hit cards in his deck, he decides to get rid of them at the end of the first round.
End of Round – Mario cannot touch the cards he has in his hand (these are not mixed / shuffled with the cards outside his hand) and among these there is a Stop-Hit card. Next, he takes back the discarded cards from his hand previously, the remaining cards from the time-countdown deck, those discarded (it is Lorenzo who has finished his turn and has declared the end of round) and the 10 cards not used in the previous round. He chooses to use the Master’s Rule and from these cards he eliminates the 2 Stop-Hit cards of the three in his possession (1 is in his hand). At this point, he shuffles the cards, reforms his 8-card time-countdown deck and sets the remaining cards aside as they will not be used for this round.
• Need one basic game box.
• Choose online platform (e.g. Skype, …)
• Play by the rules of Advanced Game Mode.
• Set the camera displaying game board and declaring each action / card played.
• Move both tokens of yours and opponents, whenever necessary.
• Prepare the game board the same as traditional
• Each player chooses freely a minimum of 24 cards (1 Joker inserted only) from complete deck of 54 cards.
• Shuffle and take 6-card for initial hand, and 8-card on the time-countdown deck; remaining 10 cards unused.
• MOVING Action : move both players’ miniatures.
• CHANGING WEAPON POSITION Action : move both players’ respective tokens.
• STALLING Action : discard 1 card from both player time-countdown decks.
• DISCARD \ DRAW Action : draw 1 card from time-countdown deck.
• MULTIPLE ROUNDS MATCH : for 10 or 15 points match, Master’s Rule is applied.
• MASTER’S RULE: At end of each round, the player can remove from the game up to 3 cards of his deck of cards (excluding those he currently has in his hand).